Alexa Chung Quotes

1. It’s sad to think girls are famous for their boyfriends. I don’t want to be one of those.







2. I was very gawky, very, very skinny, pin-thin, and a bit uncoordinated because when your limbs grow so fast, you can't catch up. It didn't work out so well for a few years. (on her modeling career)


3. I think it's every girl's dream, a little bit, to be a model because it seems from the outside to be a glamorous industry and I was really into fashion, and I remember just being excited and wanting to be part of that.



4. I was always classed as the girl next door, really tomboyish, when I always wanted to be really kitteny.

5. I didn't really want to be a presenter, because I thought it was even less of a career than a model, but then I went on to have the best year of my life. We were encouraged to be quite nasty to interviewees.


6. I corrected singer Brendon Urie’s grammar halfway through and then it all went a bit cold. He got pissed off after that. The clip is on YouTube and about 10,000 American kids have left comments saying: "Oh my God, who does she think she is? I hate the English." Which is amusing.




7. They wanted to pitch this grumpy old man against someone younger. I can’t think of other shows that had that dynamic - it was hilarious.


8. It was a show that investigated what it means to be attractive. It was based in an opulent house and it started with 10 people who had voted themselves 10 out of 10, as attractive as they can possibly be. Each week we added three new people to the mix and they had to decide who stayed, after having spent time with them. (about being a presenter on the trashy reality show: "Vanity Lair")

9. I definitely will. Because I just don't feel like my education's complete really. I do feel like there's gaps. It would be great to work really hard for a time and then go and study after that. I don't ever want to stop learning. (about attending university)


10. I don’t really follow trends. I don’t know what they are. I think people make them up, and then they say: "Oh yeah, yellow’s really in this season." Sometimes there are obvious trends, but there aren’t any at the moment I can think of. Are there? It’s bullshit. Trends are a lie magazines make up so you feel like you have to buy something.

11. I fell out of love with the Sixties for a while. I think because I was so identified with it. It's like Sienna Miller when she did boho, then suddenly stopped because she was like: "F**k. What else can I do, because I've done it?" Everyone copied my sodding coat for a while too. It was my Harrods kid's vintage one. Every girl suddenly had one and I was like: "Arrgh!" I got really bored of smock dresses and loafers for a while. But I feel like I'm ready to fall in love all over again. (on Harper's Bazaar magazine)

12. I modeled for so long and didn't get any results from that so then it was like, really? I've been dragging my ass around castings for years without anyone saying (I had) unique style. I've really just been ripping off Jane Birkin. Sorry, has no one else seen a picture of Françoise Hardy? Look it up. I'm just the middle man. (on Fashionista)

13. I cannot express how frustrating it is to not be believed when you say: "I don’t have an eating disorder." 


14. I am naturally very thin. I get even thinner when I’m stressed. And you cannot imagine how stressed I was last year.





15. It angers me because I don’t want to be a pin-up for young girls just for being thin. I don’t want to be admired for being thin as opposed to being dressed well, and I don’t want the two to get confused.


What do you think of Alexa Chung quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts