Tippi Hedren Quotes

1. I didn't think any amount of money was worth something that would take away what you believed in or what you stood for. I didn't want to do something my parents and daughter couldn't be proud of.


2. I kinda go for the Jane Eyre type of film. I am fascinated by classics.

3. I'm a loner.


4. I've always had a fascination for animals. I loved watching them, and even then I thought of them as beings rather than pets. I call it a birth affect!


5. My light shines when things get really tough.

6. It quickly became obvious to us that not only the animals in the wild had a problem, but so did the animals in captivity.


7. The female characters that Hitch would choose-he would take these women and try to tear them down, with basically the man's control. She would not want to give in, and he would insist upon it.



8. It is exactly right in so many ways. Hitch was all about the chase with his blondes. I don't think he ever wanted to - how will I say? - culminate the chase.


9. I'm supposed to scream if a man comes near me. And you've chosen Sean Connery, who could melt the heart of the coldest woman on earth.





10. It's not for anyone who is faint of heart. It's a monumental effort to keep these animals.

11. There aren't any options for these animals. You can't release them in the wild. It's either a sanctuary or death. That's why places like Bobbi's are important, because it's like an orphanage or a retirement home.


12. I would love to work with Ron Howard. I think he is brilliant. I love the stories that he chooses. They're always very personal and intense. He loves a lot of emotion, and he's so well equipped to pull all of that out of the actors. I really love that kind of thing and I think that's what movies should be about.

13. To be the object of somebody's obsession is a really awful feeling when you can't return it. (on Alfred Hitchcock)


14. I think Marnie (1964). They were both so different that it's kind of hard to figure out which, but The Birds (1963) was sort of a chase. All of the Hitchcock films have a mystery to them and that sort of thing, but the personality of Marnie was so intriguing. She was really - poor Marnie. (on 3/1/05, when asked which is her favorite of the Alfred Hitchcock films she starred in)

15. My advice to anyone contemplating acting as a profession is to be independently wealthy or have another vocation as a backup. (Melanie Griffith) and (Antonio Banderas) are well set, but most actors make a pittance.





16. For years, directors and producers came up to me and said they'd wanted me for a role, but (Alfred Hitchcock) wouldn't allow it. The worst was when I found out that François Truffaut had wanted to cast me. I'd never heard a word about it. That one hurt.


17. I was stunned. I was amazed that he would offer me this incredible role and that he would have that kind of faith in me...I thought Marnie was an extremely interesting role to play and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. (on being offered the title role in Marnie (1964) by Alfred Hitchcock)

18. He was just fabulous, a consummate actor with a great sense of humor. He was practicing his golf swing all the time - a rather profound golfer. We honored him on June 8, 2006, at the American Film Institute. They asked me to speak about him, which was great fun. It was one of the most wonderful evenings. (on working with Sean Connery, her leading man in Marnie (1964))


19. It is interesting because some of the critics who really panned ("Marnie") when it came out see it again and it is like they are reviewing an entirely different movie. I think a lot of it was that all those years ago, people were not aware of how a trauma being inflicted upon a child can affect what happens to them as an adult if it isn't properly dealt with. I think there were multiple reasons why they didn't like it. For some reason, the painted backdrops really bothered people forty years ago - that was a big deal for some reason with the critics. I kept thinking "So what, it's a movie!"

20. I can do that now and it is quite a relief, actually. I can look at it and think "She did a good job!" There were years where I would see things and wish I could do them over but now I can just watch them. (In 2006, when asked whether she can watch "The Birds" and "Marnie" and separate herself from the experience of making them)

21. They called and asked what I thought about a remake of "The Birds" and I thought: "Why would you do that? Why?" I mean, can't we find new stories, new things to do?


22. When you do a love scene with someone in a movie, you have cameras and lights surrounding you. It's not very romantic, especially considering what I was going though. A lot of people have asked me whether or not I had a fling with Sean Connery during the filming of "Marnie", and the answer is no. Marnie was so frigid and cold that she screamed when a man came near her. If I had strong feelings for him in real life, it would have shown through my eyes in the film. I was too dedicated to acting. So, no, I don't really know what it's like to kiss Sean Connery.

What do you think of Tippi Hedren's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts