Jon Hamm Quotes

1. Whether it's Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or whoever, stupidity is certainly celebrated. Being a f**king idiot is a valuable commodity in this culture because you're rewarded significantly.

2. I've always been a fan of advertising, I've always been a fan of television, I've loved commercials, I've loved all the jingles, I loved all the stuff.

3. If you're going to be pigeonholed, a handsome womanizer is not bad.


4. I realize how talented our hair and wardrobe people are every time I have to get dressed on my own.




5. I played Winnie the Pooh in first grade. I was an early adopter of standing in front of people and looking like an idiot.


6. I have a lady, she's a great lady. I love her a lot, she loves me. We're on the same page. Whenever that day happens when we're not on the same page we'll move forward with it. We're interested in having our lives be our lives right now and not a third person's vis-a-vis marriage and whatever that means.

7. There ain't none of us on the planet that are perfect. And I think that people recognize human frailties and foibles and f***-ups and identify with it, honestly. Superman is a cartoon character. He's not a real person. And no one is without sin, without mistakes.

8. Losing both parents at a young age gave me a sense that you can't really control life - so you'd better live it while it's here. I stopped believing in a storybook existence a long time ago. All you can do is push in a direction and see what comes of it.


9. Being in an ensemble cast is the best. You're all in the same boat. You're all together.

10. I've gotten away with a lot in my life. The older you get the more you realize you're not getting away with it, it's taking its toll somewhere. So you try not to put yourself in those situations. Part of the mysterious process called growing up. Some people do that better than others.


11. I like kids but I also like the option to close the door. Becoming a parent is a whole other life, and it doesn't stop.





12. I'm diametrically opposed to Don Draper. It's a character, not me. I love playing the guy, I'm glad I don't have to be him.

13. It couldn't be a simpler answer. Marriage doesn't really mean anything to me. I feel like in many ways marriage is more for the families of the couple than for the people involved, so I don't gravitate to it.

14. I'm not a cheater. I've never cheated in my life.


15. In the era of TMZ, I don't think outdoor sex is a particularly good idea. It's one of those things that sound way better than they actually are. There's something not sexy about all the twigs and bugs and sand. You end up with stuff in places you don't want it. It always looks better in the well-lit Skinemax version.





16. I was raised by a single mother and I've been in a 10-year relationship with my girlfriend. My whole life I've been surrounded by women.


17. I don't necessarily think of myself like the handsome guy. That's reserved for Brad Pitt and Ryan Reynolds and those guys.




18. It's definitely nerve-racking to be the center of attention. I'm not the kind of an actor that just craves attention 24-7 - but it's part of the deal. You're the leader on the set.

19. I came in the "Dawson's Creek" era; it was all about tiny guys who looked like teenagers, and I haven't looked like a teenager ever. So I was, like, auditioning to be their dads. At 25.


20. I'm not gay, and I'm not a superhero.

21. L.A. represents opportunity, and, as has been proven over and over in the current media landscape, it doesn't take much for them to put you on TV. If that's all you want you can just be on "The Bachelor" or "The Real Housewives" or whatever show just wants oversized personalities, ridiculous behavior and zero dignity.

22. Acting is sort of an extension of childhood. You get to play all of these roles and have so much fun. Playing an athlete would be so cool. Or where you get to shoot guns, ride horses. I wouldn't turn down any of that.


23. I had a pretty serious mullet back in the day.


24. I'm able to leave Don Draper at work. I'm quite dissimilar from him in real life.

25. For a kid who's lost his mom and all the rage and grief that no one was able to talk out of me, football was a very therapeutic sport. Very.

26. You could put Christina (Hendricks) and January (Jones) in garbage bags and they would look sexy.


27. I drove around in a Volkswagen Rabbit I shared with one of my roommates, and it didn't have a roof. It doesn't rain much in L.A., but when it did, it was utterly miserable.

28. I don't drink as much as Don Draper. I would be unconscious if I did.

29. I don't need to be married, but I feel married.

30. I don't necessarily want kids. A lot of our friends are having children and I don't know if it's for me. I haven't come down hardcore on either side of the argument. I think when people come from a stable family having children becomes a celebration and I'm not sure it would be that way for me.


31. I remember opening my dad's closet and there were, like, 40 suits, every color of the rainbow, plaid and winter and summer. He had two jewelry boxes full of watches and lighters and cuff links. And just…he was that guy. He was probably unfulfilled in his life in many ways.

32. A three-martini lunch is fun in theory. And it's fun to look cool while you're staring out of windows, drinking scotch and smoking. But the reality is, if you have a three-martini lunch, you don't get much done in the afternoon. And if you stare out the window and smoke too much, you get f**king lung cancer.

33. I got into acting because my teachers kept nudging me into it. The power a teacher has to influence someone is so great. I can't think of a profession I have more respect for.

34. Most of it's tongue-in-cheek, but it is a little rude. It just speaks to a broader freedom that people feel like they have - a prurience. They're called "privates" for a reason. I'm wearing pants, for f-'s sake. Lay off. I mean, it's not like I'm a f-ing lead miner. There are harder jobs in the world. But when people feel the freedom to create Tumblr accounts about my c--k, I feel like that wasn't part of the deal (of fame).


What do you think of Jon Hamm's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts