Laura Prepon: "I'm Not Dating Tom Cruise"

Laura Prepon has confirmed she is not dating Tom Cruise.  










Opening up about Cruise, 51, to SheKnows, Prepon, 34, stated: "It's just so funny that, when people don't know, they just make stuff up, (like), apparently I'm dating Tom Cruise right now. And apparently he doesn't want me doing the show because I portray a lesbian and I'm a Scientologist."


"This is false," Prepon was quoted as saying, wondering: "Where are they even getting this stuff? It's unbelievable to me."

The dating rumors are based on the fact that both celebrities follow Scientology, a subject that she insists comes with its own baggage.

"The thing that sucks is that there's so much false data because people are in mystery as to what Scientology is, so they just kind of make up stuff," Prepon explained, noting: "It's kind of unfortunate because then I have to be like: "No, that's actually not what's happening.""



According to Prepon, one major misunderstanding about Scientology is that it is anti-gay.


Prepon claimed: "You know, in terms of portraying a lesbian on the show, I am a huge supporter of the LGBT community. I'm going to the GLAAD Awards in a few weeks. I went to the human rights campaign. I flew up to San Francisco and did this whole thing and I won this award (for) being a straight woman portraying a gay woman on camera. I'm a total supporter of the LGBT and they are an amazing fan base."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts