Natalia Kills Quotes

1. I love Audrey Hepburn, early Brooke Shields, and Madonna's eyebrows. I think it's beautiful if women look soft and touchable instead of hard, sharp and aggressively groomed.  




2. I feel like all Londoners relate more to New York - L.A. doesn't feel like a "city" city. It's like a sleepy town.


3. I don't believe in fairy tales, but I believe in you and me.

4. I don't really know what "a dark place" means. I have windows in my house, and I'm generally an upbeat person! A lot of people throw that word at me because I wear a lot of black and leather.

5. All the best parts of art come from pain turned to celebration.

6. I had been writing songs for other people for a while, and I made a demo and I put it on my Myspace, which Perez Hilton found and blogged about on his site.


7. I feel like trouble has followed me from the day I was born.


8. As soon as you've achieved perfection, you're striving for more.

9. I like a dramatic eye and a bold lip.

10. Artists are definitely, like, under a sort of microscope of scrutiny more than others.

11. Pop shouldn't all be about partying rhyming lyrics with Bacardi, it should be about the important things, it should be confrontational.


12. I make music because I like making music.

13. I make the music my ears want to hear, I wear the clothes my body wants to wear and the ones boys call me back for, and I generally make the songs that my feet dance to.


14. Every bad thing that's happened to me has defined me, has shaped, has moulded me.

15. I was born in Bradford, a city in the north of England that God forgot about. A place where most people never leave, but if they do, they certainly never go back.

16. I really can't break away from wearing black and leather!

17. I just want to give you the best version of me, fantasy.


18. My dad went to jail for a long time. We lost everything, and the situation never resolved itself. My parents had this sort of passionate, disastrous desire for each other - not ideal to grow up in.





19. I will never censor myself to please anyone.

20. I realized that, all along, my theory was right: Make music that you want to hear, and instead of having fans that one day might criticize or abandon you, your fans aren't even fans. They're people with tastes similar to yours. They're friends you haven't met yet.


21. I always put on a brave face when I was the most terrified, the most trapped and out of control.








22. Life is not a fucking love song.

23. Nothing is more important than when you see someone for the first time, and you get that feeling where you can't move or speak or do anything until you know that person and take a sense of who they are with you.


24. I'm sick of running away from things.


25. When I was a kid, my mother used to film all of our holidays and all of the good times, and I kind of associated the camera with everything being okay and everything being happy.



26. I didn't really like being on television at all.

27. If you allow yourself to feel fabulous, you are fabulous.


28. All the best parts of art come from pain turned to celebration.


29. If people go into music with the idea of competing with other artists, then they're doing it for all the wrong reasons.

30. Artists are definitely, like, under a sort of microscope of scrutiny more than others.

31. It's good to actually cry. Trust me, I've had a lot of practice over the years!


32. Every bad thing that's happened to me has defined me, has shaped, has moulded me.


33. My grandma told me never, ever, ever to use soap on my face. But I do use lotion.



34. Guess what, I'm the opposite of a role model!

35. When I was in my early teens, I joined a cult. And we weren't allowed to listen to secular music or anything that wasn't made by us. So I spent a lot of time not listening to music, and by the time I could, I just didn't get into it.


36. My song-writing has always been just about my life - usually my worst moments.



37. Some girls want to be a princess when they grow up. I wanted to be in a bad bitch girl gang.

38. When I was a little girl I wanted to invent things that hadn't been invented before, I was very creative, I wanted to be a creator.


39. The entire value of a person is subjective to your relationship with them.


40. I definitely feel excited to be able to put really hard beats - like hip-hop beats - behind my music, more than I did before.

41. The worst mistake a woman can make is to emulate a man.



42. I don't want reality, but I still crave it.


43. A lot of the time we think finances are immediately linked to experience, opportunities, image, and all sorts of important things that can progress us in life. Sometimes they're not. Finances can be completely irrelevant if you allow yourself to feel like things are going well.

44. I definitely like performing to a crowd that's there to see a female hero.





45. When you want everything to be perfect and you put 100% of your passion into your work, You kill it, that's why I am Natalia Kills.

46. If a girl won't keep your secret, she's not your best friend, she's your best enemy.


47. I don't listen to music, actually. Obviously I go to clubs; I stand in elevators; a lot of my friends are musicians; I hear music all the time. But I don't have my own collection of music.





What do you think of Natalia Kills quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts