John Mayer Shares 1995 High School Pic

John Mayer is a really successful artist with several hits under his belt.

Even from an early age, Mayer, 36, knew that will follow a career in music.


On Thursday, Mayer took to Instagram to share an old newspaper clipping that featured him as a 17-year- high school student.




"#tbt 1995…My local newspaper interviewing recent HS graduates. Keep in mind, fellow dreamers, this ran in the "and some kids don't have any plans at all" slot," Mayer captioned the snapshot.


Just below the folk singer's black-and-white portrait was the name of his high school in Fairfield, Connecticut and his desired profession.




"Future: Working as a musician," the newspaper clipping categorized the future star.

"I know that school never did anything for me. It never made sense to me. I knew when I was 13 what I wanted to do - to be a musician," the publication quoted Mayer.


School was the subject of one of the performer's earlier songs "No Such Thing", and he spoke out about his time hitting the books in an interview with ABC in 2003.

"I went to school to get it over with," Mayer confessed to the news organization.

Mayer noted: "I remember asking my mom: "Mom, will you please let me drop out?""


After high school, Mayer attended Berklee College Of Music in Boston, though his time on campus was short-lived. According to Rolling Stone, he dropped out of the popular school just after his first year and moved to Atlanta in 1997, where he refined his skills and gained a following.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts