Taylor Swift Praises Emma Watson For Helping Girls Understand Feminism (VIDEO)

Taylor Swift thanked Emma Watson for helping girls understand feminism and claimed she hopes she had someone such as the star to admire when she was younger.  


Watson, a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador, recently talked about feminism at the United Nations, where she promoted her He For She movement for gender equality.


In an interview with the French-Canadian television show "Tout Le Monde" Swift expressed her approval for Watson's speech.


Swift, 24, pointed out: "I wish when I was 12-years-old I had been able to watch a video of my favorite actress explaining in such an intellectual, beautiful, poignant way the definition of feminism."


"I would have understood it," Swift went on, noting: "and then earlier on in my life I would have proudly claimed that I was a feminist because I would have understood what the word means."

Taylor believes that too many girls state they are not feminists because "they think it means something angry or disgruntled."


"It's not that at all," Swift declared, explaining: "It just simply means you believe that women and men should have equal rights and opportunities, and to say that you're not a feminist means that you think men should have more rights and opportunities than women."

Taylor was quoted as saying: "I just think that a lot of girls don't know the definition, and the fact that Emma got up and explained it, I think it's an incredible thing and I am happy to live in a world where that happened."




Although Swift recently confessed that she and another female performer are straight-up enemies, she wishes society would stop pitting women against each other.


"One thing I do believe as a feminist is that in order for us to have gender equality, we have to stop making it a girl fight," Swift continued, stating: "We have to stop being so interested in seeing girls trying to tear each other down".

"It has to be more about cheering each other on, as women," Swift added.

Check out the video below...
 
 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts