Eddie Redmayne Almost Had A Meltdown Before Filming "Theory Of Everything"

Eddie Redmayne looks like a real gentleman in his suit on the cover of The Mr Porter Post's latest issue.  






In an interview with the mag, Redmayne, 32, opened up about almost having a meltdown before filming "Theory of Everything": "The first scene was at the start of the film, pre-diagnosis. The second was when Stephen was using two walking sticks. By the third, he was in his second wheelchair. I was terrified. It was like I'd been asked to write a sentence in permanent ink starting with one word at the beginning, one at the middle and one at the end. I was having a complete meltdown - it was four in the morning, I was getting picked up at five, and I hadn't slept. I was thinking: "I can't start a job like this"."



Eddie talked about the Oscar buzz for his work: "Please don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful compliment… I just hope it serves to get the story out to more people…"



The actor also spoke out about Stephen Hawking's reaction to the film: "I met him again just before he saw the film. I said: "Stephen, I hope you enjoy it, and please let me know what you think." A minute or two passed as he typed away with his eye-tracking software. Then, in that famous, vaguely robotic voice, he replied: "I will let you know what I think. Good, or otherwise.""


For the full interview of Eddie Redmayne, check out MrPorter.com.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts